We are excited to announce that CoinShares, a leading digital asset investment firm, is joining the Pyth Network as we both look towards providing the means to bolster a flourishing digital ecosystem!
Who is CoinShares?
- Founded in 2013, CoinShares is Europe’s largest digital asset investment firm, managing billions of assets on behalf of a global client base
- CoinShares is publicly listed on the Nasdaq First North Growth Market (ticker $CS)
Proven track record:
- CoinShares Group offered the 1st regulated Bitcoin hedge fund, 1st exchange-traded Bitcoin product, 1st private fund denominated in Ether as well as the 1st exchange-traded Ether product
- On May 19, 2021, CoinShares ETPs had a daily volume of more than $490 million
- During February 2021, $250 million of daily volume was surpassed
- As of today, CoinShares has more than $3 billion in assets under management
CoinShares will initially contribute its real-time crypto market data directly on-chain for the Pyth network. We welcome CoinShares to our growing roster of high quality market players and data sources with which we do share a common goal: improving the transparency and availability of cryptocurrency data.
“ […] A number of regulators have even cited the perceived lack of transparency related to crypto markets and pricing as a core reason to deny retail access to crypto ETPs and ETFs. Pyth network was an obvious partnership for us, as we continue to execute on our vision to unlock more transparency and establish trust in the broader crypto ecosystem using the underlying blockchain protocol to provide verifiable, trusted, real-time data to market participants.” said Jean-Marie Mognetti, Chief Executive Officer of CoinShares.
The Pyth network and its trusted partners look forward to further coordinating to establish a digital marketplace of institutional grade, high fidelity financial data to power dApps regardless of their blockchain base.
You can read more about our partnership on the CoinShares announcement in the official press release here.