We are excited to announce that IEX Cloud, the independent financial data business owned by IEX Group, Inc., is joining Pyth network to provide institutional grade market data to all and accelerate the growth of DeFi!
Who is IEX Cloud?
- IEX Group (IEX) is a financial technology company that operates the Investors’ Exchange LLC (IEX Exchange), a U.S. securities exchange committed to serving all market participants, and the IEX Cloud, a cloud-based financial data platform
- Since launching in 2016, the exchange has grown to be one of the largest exchange operators globally, by notional value traded with an average daily volume of more than $12B
- IEX Cloud, introduced in 2019, makes it easy for more people to access and use high-quality financial datasets from across the industry
Proven track record:
- In two years after its launch, IEX Cloud managed to gather more than 150,000 registered users from 120 countries
- IEX daily covers about 7,700 different symbols and is sourcing its data from the #1 midpoint venue in US equities (Q1 2021)
IEX Cloud will initially contribute its real-time market data originating from the IEX Exchange to the Pyth network. We welcome IEX Cloud to our rapidly expanding group of key financial actors who share the goal of distributing precise, high caliber financial data onto the blockchain to revamp. “We built the IEX Cloud business to make financial market data more accessible and so we’re very excited to be part of an ambitious project that supports this mission by providing real-time market data to the blockchain” said Tim Baker, Head of IEX Cloud.
We look forward to further coordinating on and establishing a marketplace of institutional grade, high fidelity financial data to power the Solana and Serum ecosystems as well as those of other major chains.
You can read more about our partnership on the official press release.
IEX Cloud Website: https://iexcloud.io/
IEX Group Website: https://iextrading.com/
Pyth Network: https://pyth.network/