2022 will definitely be a year to remember: the highs were high, and the lows were low.
We’ve met passionate builders all across the globe. The dedication we’ve seen on every blockchain is a testament to the resiliency of our shared ecosystem. Even in the face of extraordinary adversity, never once has the Pythian community wavered from its core mission. Furthermore, the case for transparent, trustless, and decentralized financial systems is stronger than ever. This year is a turning point for blockchain history, as well as for the Pyth journey.
We wouldn’t be here without you.
As we sign off on one of the most eventful (and perhaps surreal) years, we would like to thank everyone who helped make the Pyth network what it is: a next-generation solution for liberating data to those who need it.
To our data provider community, we say thank you for contributing your proprietary market data to the network: you are the fuel of Pyth, and its data feeds.
To our data users from so many blockchains, we thank you for building with us and shaping the development direction of our network.
To our many thousands of followers across all our socials — thank you dearly for your continuous support and love!
The events of 2022 may not have been easily predicted by most. This oracle will venture a prognosis, however: our accomplishments of 2022 are merely a prelude for what’s to come after. The network’s success across 2023 shall be shared with all Pythians and contributors, and the world will become #PoweredByPyth.
Before we enter the new year, let’s wrap up this one and take one last look back. The speeds of Web3 are dizzying — it’s easy to forget just how far we’ve come.
Looking Back at 2022
Let’s play it back one more time, month by month — each one a different flavor of nostalgia and collaborative energy!
- The Pyth Network Whitepaper is published and even featured in the Financial Times
- Walkthrough the Pyth whitepaper with Jayant, a Pyth network contributor
- Pyth is comprised of 41 data providers, contributing to 58 price feeds, and used by 43 applications
- Pyth Publisher Metrics made available on the Pyth website
- Figment, a Pyth contributor and Node Provider, releases their Pyth 101 pathway
- Pyth Symbology update to prepare for asset class expansion
- Pyth secures $2B TVS on Solana!
- Pyth is comprised of 53 data publishers, contributing to 58 price feeds and used by 56 applications
- Pyth has supported more than $10B in Cumulative Trading Volume for data users
- Pyth2Wormhole Audit Completed, preparing Pyth data to flow cross-chain
- Pyth secures 90% of the Solana addressable market
- Pyth data users begin using Pyth’s metal prices
- Pyth Data goes live on BNB Chain (and Binance Sidechains) Testnet
- The Pyth Data Association releases the first public Data Provider application process
- Pyth Alligators NFT Collection mint!
- Pyth has supported more than $20B in Cumulative Trading Volume for data users
- Venus (leading money market on BNB) governance proposal to integrate with Pyth data!
- Tired of delayed equities data? It’s time to SHIFT gears: Pyth equities data usage is rising!
- Pyth is comprised of 62 data providers, contributing to 80 price feeds and used by 72 applications
- Pyth releases its Metrics section (Dune Dashboard, Publisher Metrics and Network KPI)
- Solscan, a leading Solana blockchain explorer, adds support for Pyth instructions
- OpenBB, the leading open-source investment platform, integrates with Pyth data
- Pythnet — the Pyth network dedicated app chain for cross-chain prices — goes live!
- Introducing Liquidity Oracles (WIP)
- Pyth (Solana mainnet) 1-year anniversary
- Pyth Partners with MakerDAO To Bring DAI to Solana
- CBOE (US-accredited exchange) joins the Pyth network!
- xHack by Wormhole: Meet Pyth @ The Pit
- Pyth is comprised of 72 data providers, contributing to 83 price feeds and used by 81 applications
- Pyth Data goes live on BNB Chain and Binance Sidechains
- Pyth Data goes live on Aptos
- Pyth Governance to be powered by Mesh (by Squads)
- Pyth has supported more than $30B in Cumulative Trading Volume for data users
- Pyth Data goes live on Ethereum and Optimism
- Pyth Data goes live on Aurora
- Pyth adds support to 30 US equities
- Synthetix on Optimism votes to be #PoweredByPyth
- Pyth: A New Model to the Price Oracle
- Pyth Data goes live on KuCoin Community Chain
- Pyth Data goes live on Celo
- Pyth Milestone: 100 Integrations!
- What is Pyth? Pyth Whitepaper Explainer
- Pyth is comprised of 78 data publishers, contributing to 185 price feeds, and used by more than 100 applications across 8 different blockchains
We’re still on track. The big picture hasn’t changed. Nor have the brushstrokes. Pyth data will continue expanding to new L1 and L2 blockchains and diversifying across new asset classes and even data types.
Once again, we’re beyond grateful for the support and participation of our community: with new opportunities for network participation on the horizon, it’s an exciting time to be a part of the Pythian ecosystem. Great things are in store for everyone — data providers, data users, and community champions.
Stay tuned, and have a wonderful holiday. We’ll see you in the new year.