Pyth Monthly Update | February 2023
“In February there is everything to hope for and nothing to regret.”
There’s a strange yet exciting parallel between 2023 and 2022 for the Pyth network. Perhaps it’s because of the familiar signs of successful expansion: Pyth data is increasingly available across ever more blockchains, and data providers continue to join the leading first-party oracle network. More and more applications downstream are becoming #PoweredByPyth.
In the meanwhile, your favorite #PoweredByPyth applications are experiencing breakneck growth! Zeta Markets and Drift — the popular perpetual protocols on Solana — have broken symbolic trading volume milestones.
The same goes for perpetuals on Arbitrum (CAP Finance) and Optimism (Kwenta and Decentrex via Synthetix — $500M monthly trading volume). Let it be known: Pyth data supports robust trading volume growth. Upstarts like Poison Finance (Arbitrum) are also joining the fray, enabling exposure to a variety of financial assets from crypto and beyond.
Lastly, it turns out that Pyth is indeed based. Upon Coinbase’s reveal of Base, their new Ethereum Layer 2, the world also learned that Pyth data is already available for builders ready to #BuildOnBase. That’s the Pyth motto after all: fast delivery.
Who’s #PoweredByPyth? Who contributes to Pyth Data?
- CAP Finance V4 — perpetuals on Arbitrum — is now live and #PoweredByPyth
- Poison Finance — synthetic on Arbitrum — is live and #PoweredByPyth
- DeriTrade — perpetuals on BNB Chain — is live on testnet and #PoweredByPyth
- Synthetix Perpetuals V2 on Optimism now offer 23 assets for trading, #PoweredByPyth of course
- Kwenta — perpetuals on top of Synthetix — hit all time high in daily trading volume — close to $500M in the past month
- Zeta Markets — perpetuals on Solana — launched the $APT perpetual market
- Drift — perpetual platform on Solana — TVL climbing up (as well as volume!)
- Drift V2 reaches $100M in trading volume
- TopHash Digital joins the network as a data publisher
- Digital Asset Research will contribute market data to the Pyth network
- Sentio — analytics platform used by the network — raised $6.4M
- Introducing: Pyth Benchmarks!
- Milestone: 100K on-demand price updates (Feb 1st)
- Pyth releases its first Liquidity Oracle Iteration in Partnership with Kaiko
- Pyth Data is now live on Base testnet — Coinbase Layer 2
- Pyth coming to Polygon zkEVM?
- PsyLend goes cross-chain with Wormhole
- Trade any Pyth price feeds on Solana with Vyper
- New Price feeds available: 1INCH/USD, BIT/USD, BONK/USD, FLOKI/USD, OP/USD, and DYDX/USD
- Pyth Roadmap Talk @ The Pit Denver
- Pyth contributor talking @ MOVECON
- Pythians participating in the Kucoin Builder House ETH Denver
- Pyth Presentation at the Furnace Hackathon brought to you by Ferum and Aptos
- Pyth presentation at Aptos World Tour in Seoul, South Korea
- New Solana Developer Program brought to you by NAS Academy
- Solana Grizzlython Launching!
🧑🤝🧑 Community & Socials
- From Pythia, oracle of Delphi, to Pyth, oracle of DeFi — IEX Podcast
- Pyth on IEX Podcast: Soundbite on Price Aggregation
- Telegram AMA with Floki following the release of the FLOKI/USD price feed
- Twitter Space Derivs and Chill with Zeta
- Twitter Space with Poison, new synthetics platform on Arbitrum
- Twitter Space with Forge, Ferum, Aries, Tsunami and Pontem for the Furnace Hackathon
- Twitter Space with Perpy Finance following Pyth launch on Arbitrum
- Twitter Space brought to you by Tsunami Finance with Zeta, PsyOptions, MarginFi, Vyper, Cypher and GooseFX
- Pyth mid-February Substack
- Pythian Auri_0X take on Pyth
- Another one from Auri_0x
- Pyth is 🔮
- A Pythian thread
- A Pithy Substack
- The Sea-riously Crypto featuring Pyth
We can’t wait to hear what you think! You can join the Pyth Discord and Telegram, follow us on Twitter, and be the first to hear about what’s new in the Pyth ecosystem through our newsletter. You can also learn more about Pyth here.