We are pleased to announce that The Bermuda Stock Exchange, the preeminent fully-electronic, offshore securities exchange, is joining Pyth Network to deliver institutional grade market data to the DeFi ecosystem!
The BSX has subscribed to a real-time feed of equity market data from the MIAX Pearl Equities Exchange and will publish the data to the Pyth Network in mid-July.
Who is the Bermuda Stock Exchange?
- The Bermuda Stock Exchange (BSX) is the world’s preeminent, fully-electronic, offshore securities exchange, offering domestic and international issuers an affordable, well-regulated listing venue.
- The BSX is recognised by a broad range of international regulatory authorities including: the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission as a Designated Offshore Securities Market, has Approved Stock Exchange status under Australia’s Foreign Investment Fund (FIF) taxation rules; Designated Investment Exchange status by the UK’s Financial Services Authority; Recognised Stock Exchange by the UK HM Revenue and Customs; Designated Exchange status under Canada’s Income Tax Act and is a member of America’s Central Securities Depository Association.
- The BSX expects to expand the range of data it publishes to the Pyth Network as it leverages its position as a leader in Bermuda’s capital markets and the Bermuda’s government commitment to a strong fintech regulatory foundation with the Digital Asset Business Act 2018 (DABA) creating an ideal and secure jurisdiction to foster the growth of the digital asset sector.
- The BSX is wholly owned by Miami International Holdings (MIH).
Proven track record:
- Global leader in the insurance linked securities (ILS) asset class and with more than 650 ILS securities listed and accounting for more than 90% of global issuances.
- Listing venue for more than 250 global debt issues with a combined nominal value of $15.77 billion at the end of 2020, up 63% from 2019.
- Listed one of the world’s first exchange-traded funds designed to track digital asset investments — the Hashdex Nasdaq Crypto Index ETF — an open-ended investment fund that operates as a traditional ETF and tracks the Nasdaq Crypto Index.
- Full member of the World Federation of Exchanges (WFE) and currently holds a seat on the WFE’s Board of Directors. The Exchange is also an affiliate member of the International Organization of Securities Commissions (I.O.S.C.O.).
You can read more about our partnership on the official press release.
The Bermuda Stock Exchange Website: https://www.bsx.com/